Tuesday: Making a Better Me
I spent an hour, listening to Brene Brown talk. And I took notes.
- Courage – The Ability to TELL your story and LIKE who you are in the process of doing that.
- We are WORTHY of love and belonging
- To have a RESILIENT spirit
- Is to to be TENACIOUS
- While being able to live in your story, we get to rewrite the endings of our stories, if we are willing to walk into them and OWN them
- I never realized that I am living a SHAME based life
- Always thinking I am Less Than or Not Enough or Unacceptable
- JOY is Vulnerable Discomfort
- You have to be able to FEEL Discomfort in order to feel JOY
- JOY is as prickly as Grief and Shame
- To be Vulnerable is to be Beautiful
- Those Vulnerable parts of us make us beautiful
- THE THINGS THAT GET IN THE WAY ARE THE THINGS THAT CAN SET US FREE
- People Never want to talk about those things that are in the way
- It is all about talking about those things that are in the way
- People always want EASY, BREEZY and LIGHT
- In ADDICTION research – An intensely JOYFUL experience is as likely to cause a RELAPSE as an intensely NEGATIVE experience
- Joy can be uncomfortable because it is Vulnerable
- WE CAN DO HARD THINGS
- Too many of us live in a world where we always need Positive and we never talk about the negative, or the failure, or that something is difficult
- I’m Imperfect, I’m Vulnerable BUT I AM ENOUGH
- I am Worthy – and Live a WHOLE HEARTED LIFE
- Hope is NOT an emotion
- HOPE is a Cognitive Thinking Approach
- It’s not how we FEEL, it’s how we THINK
- HOPE is 100% Teachable – Goals, Pathways and Agency
- Set Goals, Cultivate pathways to achievement, Achieve your goals
- Agency is simple … I believe I can do it
- HOPE is a function of Struggle
- People with high levels of Hopefulness have these prerequisites: Perseverance and Tenacity
- THE PEOPLE WITH THE HIGHEST LEVELS OF HOPE HAVE THE MOST EXPERIENCE OF FAILURE
- Dreams DON’T work unless we DO
**** KETO DIET UPDATE ****
I went to my Weigh in yesterday afternoon. I began at a weight of 180 pounds last Fall. Yesterday I weighed in at 145 pounds. That is a weight drop of 35 pounds, and I still have a month till I am seen at the clinic. Hoping to drop even further, before then.
I’ve never felt so good and so alive as I do right now. Even amid the turmoil I am CRUSHING it with physical beauty that I thought I would never find again.
But I have …
I Love My Life Right Now !!!